Ampoules are a niche skincare trend that is starting to become more popular amongst other skincare products. The term Ampoule is defined as a sealed vial that contains a solid or liquid. In the past they were used to preserve and deliver a specific dosage of a medication.
In modern skincare, Ampoules contain potent doses of ingredients meant to revitalise your face and deal with specific skincare concerns. They have been a trend in Asian skincare for some time, particularly in Korea where they are commonly included in skincare routines. They offer a variety of benefits for your skin from hydration to nourishment of your skin cells to promote healthy, glowing skin. The famous 10 step Korean Skincare routine has ampoules has one of its steps!
Why you should use Ampoules
Ampoules contain a dose of skin loving ingredients that are in higher concentrations compared to other skincare products such as serums. This leads to them having more dramatic effects on your skin in a shorter timeframe. Incorporating them into a routine is easy and gives your skin a boost of anti-aging ingredients that will give your skin a wonderful glow.
Ampoules are also more specialised when compared to other skincare products, having fewer ingredients but in higher concentrations. This makes it easy to pick an ampoule type that helps to address the concern you are having.
Some examples include:
- Ampoules for dry skin that contain Niacinamide, Hyaluronic acids
- Ampoules for wrinkles and fine lines that include Ceramides, Peptides
- Ampoules that nourish your skin with Vitamin C, Tea extracts
- Ampoules that contain ingredients that help with more than one kind of concern
Ampoules are also easy to pack for travel and are the ideal skin pick me up it needs. Long hours on a flight or being in the sun are both very dehydrating for your skin. Simply applying an Ampoule meant for hydration easily deals with the dry skin that comes with the above situations.
When and how to use Ampoules
Ampoules can easily be fit into any skincare routine; they are meant to be inserted into your routine when you feel like your skin needs that boost of skin loving ingredients. An example of a simple night routine would be:
- Remove Make Up to get ready for your night routine
- Wash your face with a Cleanser of choice to get rid of any dirt and residue on your face
- Toner to remove pollutants along with any residue from your cleansers, while also restoring your skin’s pH balance.
- Break open Ampoule and apply to your skin to get all the skin loving ingredients absorbed into your skin
- Eye Cream for those dark circles
- Moisturizer to keep your face hydrated and to keep the ingredients from previous steps locked into your skin
We have also included a more complicated 10 step Korean Routine that you can try at home as a skin treat:
- Remove Make up with Wipes
- Cleanser of choice
- Exfoliator twice a month if doing this routine regularly, focus on the T-zone or areas with more blackheads
- Toner as explained above, prepare the face for the absorption of the following steps while removing residue from previous steps
- Essences which affects skin on a cellular level, speeding your cell turnover rate which makes skin smoother and brighter.
- Ampoule of choice
- Sheet Mask (Twice a week)
- Eye Cream
- Night Cream
Should you use Ampoules?
Like most skincare products, Ampoules have a place in your routine should you choose to add them. As always, do check the ingredients used in the product to ensure that your skin is not sensitive to any of them.
Our own Sun&Young Ampoule Repair Essence is an ampoule that is suited to all skin types and contains both botanical extracts and skin loving ingredients that will hydrate your skin and reverse the effects of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles. Comes in a box of 7 to give your skin a week of pampering!
If you have any other questions about Ampoules, do drop us a message at email@example.com !